Monday, February 13, 2012

Got Techron?


Utah, somewhere along I-70.
Ever find yourself in the middle of nowhere and think you'll probably never be there again? And then a while goes by and next thing you find yourself  in the same exact spot? Strange feeling. First time I was in this random Chevron was at night, this time I could notice all the nice scenery around. Utah is really a nice place to drive through, specially the dedicated "speed test" zones with long stretches of highway with a 80 mph posted speed limit. (Anyone know of a higher speed limit in the U.S.?) I'm sure Montana or the other Canadian province sounding states must have something faster. Speed limits aside the scenery is incredible and some parts of the I-70 and I-15 stretch makes one feel like they're driving through some sort of  small scale Grand Canyon. A small town called Beaver claims to have the best tasting water around, didn't quite feel compelled to prove them wrong or right, but if your searching for some sort of American Evian then I suppose it would be a good place to start.
 If your feeling adventurous and don't mind getting your car full of salt, you can drive around the Bonneville Salt Flats just west of Salt Lake City. All you have to do is hop out of the freeway  and enjoy a 10 mile straight and 5 mile wide dried lake bed for your driving pleasure. Not sure if you can legally drive around as fast as you can, but I didn't notice any signs and after 2 hours of some very childish fun no one seemed to really care. I think they just figure the tourists need to get it out of their system and soon enough they'll get bored and leave. Anyways, always a pleasure to drive through this state.



No comments:

Post a Comment